Monday, October 6, 2008

Day One


Today was the first day of the San Francisco 2008 Bootcamp for Account Planners. Ah yes, "Account Planner"- a title I look forward to claiming. And after today, I can look forward to earning. Sounds like we have a busy 12 weeks ahead including Role Reversal class where we try on the hats of groups like the consumer, the client and of course the creatives. Watch out Bill Bernbach.

Leslie Kennedy, a very smart women and San Fran planner who's worked with the great Jon Steel at Goodby, is leading our Role Reversal class for the first 5 weeks. I was a head nodding fool listening to Leslie- "a planners role is to distill and simplify", "great insights are all around us- we just need to observe", etc. etc. I'm looking forward to more words of wisdom and advice from Leslie. And with that, I end on a great quote from Lao Tzu that Leslie wrote on the board today:

"He who knows others is wise; he who knows himself is enlightened." I hope to get to know more about myself, future Account Planner, over the following weeks.

No comments: